The Chief Isaac Group of Companies was established in 1984 to own and operate the business interests of the Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in (translated as ‘people of the river’), a self-governing Yukon First Nation serving the Han people located in Dawson City.
In 2009, the Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in Trust was established as the sole shareholder of the Chief Isaac Group of Companies acting on behalf of the Trust’s beneficiaries – the citizens of the Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in.
Additional information on the Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in and the Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in Trust is available at the following websites:
The mandate of the Chief Isaac Group of Companies is to operate a for-profit corporation to create sustainable wealth for our First Nation.
The Chief Isaac Group of Companies operates contemporary enterprises in the modern world, while remaining rooted in the strong, ethical traditions of our ancestors. Our companies are managed according to the following values:
- Honest – our operations will be transparent, timely and responsive
- Service Driven – our services will be professional and courteous whether in relation to interactions with our clients, employees or partners
- Accountable – we will be accountable to our customers, employees and stakeholders, such as our shareholder
- Reliable – we will develop long-term relationships with our customers based on consistent and dependable service
- Worthy Partner – we succeed through meaningful partnerships that we build with our community, customers, competitors and employees
Who was Chief Isaac
Our group of companies respectfully carries the name of this historic Chief who led the Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in at the time of the Klondike Gold Rush during the late 1800s. For more information on Chief Isaac, please visit chiefisaac.com/the_chiefs.html.